Of course when my mom asked if she can try a new recipe at our home , I said yes! Especially when that recipe involves apples. Oh how I love apples! And I’m amping myself up for #fitmomfebruary eating all of the delicious desserts that I am planning to cut out next month.
She found this recipe on Facebook, from the blog Sugar Apron.
She switched the recipe just a bit to make it work better for us.
Try for yourself…
2 cans refrigerated crescent roll dough (8 each)
2 sticks of butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 can 7 Up
4 Granny Smith apples
1. Wash, Peel, Core, and slice apples into 12 slices each.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Sesperate and lay flat the crescent rolls
4. Place three slices of Apple on each crescent and roll into croissant.
5. Butter a 13×9 baking dish.
6. In a bowl combine butter, cinnamon, sugar, and vanilla. Once mixed thoroughly pour over croissants in dish.
7. Pour 7up between, not on top and bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.
8. We found it important to drain any excess liquid after cooking to allow them to carmelize a little better.